The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Intertextual Division’s literature and creative writing program of the much anticipated PASINAYA: CCP Open House Festival 2022 Palabas will be held on an official online platform/s from Feb. 26-27, 2022.
The overall theme is Sana All, Lumilikha, Lumalaya.
The Indie Publishers Collab PH will lead the Kalayaan Book Fair, an online book fair that will feature local books on freedom and patriotism.
Books by 8Letters Bookstore & Publishing
- Gotcha (An Expose on the Philippine Government) by Jarius Bondoc
- Beyond the Bansalan Skies by Leila Rispens-Noel
- Black by Michellan Alagao
- Fate of a Distant Future by Renato Tranquilino
Books by Alubat and Librong Lira
- Orosa-Nakpil, Malate by Dr. Louie Mar A. Gangcuangco
- Ang Lunes na Mahirap Bunuin [with English Translation] by Atty. Nicolas B. Pichay
Books by Southern Voices Printing Press
- Ka Bel by Ina Alleco R. Silverio
- Tugmaang Matatabil by Alex Pinpin
- A Red Rose for Andrea: Writings in Prison by Angie Ipong
Along with the book fair, the following various events will be conducted:
1. Organized with the ADARNA HOUSE, a book-based storytelling session will be led by a young female celebrity. Featured in this premiere is the children’s book “ISANG HARDING PAPEL” written by Augie Rivera and illustrated by Rommel Joson. The book is about a girl and her mother during the martial law period.
2. Organized with the Adarna House is the viewing session of the animation of “EDSA.” Written by Russell Molina and illustrated by Sergio Bumatay, EDSA is a counting book for children featuring icons and images from the world famous bloodless revolution that was also known as the People Power revolution.
3. Pinoy Reads Pinoy Books Book Club will do a book discussion to be led by its founder and moderator Jayson Vega. Entitled “Paglaya Yarn?! Freedom and Dissent: A Book Talakayan of F. Sionil José’s Mass,” it is open to public via Zoom app. The actual event is on February 20 at 4pm, and it will be streamed on February 26. A unique rendition of the song Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo and the video of the Minsan Karaniwang Tao by the Filipino band The Jerks will be shown during the event.
4. A tribute to the song writers and musicians of Original Pilipino Music (OPM), lectures by three members of the academe will be presented. The first one is Dr. Joel Costa Malabanan’s “Ang Kalamansi sa Sugat ni Ka Heber: Salamin ng Lipunan Bago at Pagkatapos ng EDSA Revolution,” Mr. Robert Umil’s “Mga Awiting ASIN, Timpladang People Power”, and Mr. Kevin Martija’s “Mga Awiting Punkista sa Panahon ng Rehimeng Marcos at Aquino.” Mr. Jesse Bartolome of Banyuhay and Ms. Zeph Lagos will also do performances in between.
Stay tuned to the Cultural Center of the Philippines Facebook page for more details.
One thought on “Literature and Creative Writing Program of Pasinaya: CCP Open House Festival 2022”